No, You're Rebuilding
We're back for season two. And apparently we're supposed to be jealous about Connor McDavid. Josh has some thoughts on Connor McDavid.
Meanwhile, have you seen Johnny Gaudreau? https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/659543779523866624
Here's what we're drinking this week:
A two hour extravaganza, mostly consisting of Mark feeling bad about revelling in Ryan's Oiler-inflicted sorrow. Meanwhile, Josh does not feel bad.
- A new favourite Christmas carol: Katz and Lowe (via @proteautype)
- I'll just leave this here for the Oiler fans. Stages of grief
- A couple of great Marek vs. Wyshynski episodes this week. Great Pat Quinn stories on November 24th, and Dmitry Chesnokov remembering Viktor Tikhonov on November 25th. Seriously, listen to both.
- Lucic one-punched, in case you've missed it
- What it's like to lose. An article Josh wrote about the Lethbridge Hurricanes in 2011.
- Six years later and still a debacle
Bet you can't guess which team the title is talking about. If you guessed Oilers, you're so wrong. But you're also right.
A bit of Hall of Fame talk this week, along with reminiscing about the golden days of Flames TV and radio broadcasts. Josh has Skype issues that are obviously Northwestel's fault. And you can't miss Ryan's Saturday night predictions this week!
Your hosts find strong consensus this week on which team we can all agree to hate, but we had to leave the NHL to find them. Meanwhile Josh takes his lumps over various errata from last week's episode, as well as his ill-fated bet on the Sabres. And sadly, we get a disappointing follow-up on Ryan's "bring hockey back to Atlanta" campaign. Oh, and you get to hear Josh sing. So good show all around.